Wednesday, July 4, 2007

july 4th, day 5 out of america

still unseasonably cool weather here, having a hard time motivating. I did get a full nights sleep last night; thanks to Helen's insistance that I get clarytan & loaning me an inhaler. She split for Belgium today & I had the day to wander solo.

I like it here, would be much easier if I knew the language. I'm learning a little & will probably remember everything on the plane home when I can speak it just in my head, unconfronted with actually having to speak to anyone.

I'm getting by. Mangaed to get a charger for my blackberry today- just a small challenge but each success imparts new confidence for my next encounter. Didn't do much else. trying to get un-turned around in the new hood and spent a few hours shopping & walking. tried to see a Lalique exhibit but didn't have a reservation, figure I'll wake up early & try again tomorrow. It was nice to have some down-time but I also feel a little like I'm hiding.

I'll get after the city tomorrow.

Happy Fourth!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Get out & see what's there, darlin'! My only real regret about Prague is the time I spent watching CNN.

(Just to be clear, though, I wish I'd watched about half as much as I did. I needed to watch it some just to recuperate from immersion in a foreign society.)

-Kit

Anonymous said...

you must be up and running, haven't heard your recent update but look forward to it. love mom